Sometimes a move is necessary. You feel your house no longer has anything to offer, you don’t feel at home or you just need to downsize – see HTTPS://WWW.ESSEXHOMES.NET/ to learn more. For us, it was all these things. Our house was great for a time but slowly became a place none of us felt at home. For many people, the moving process isn’t going to be the easiest, especially as there is so much to do before you can call a place your home once again. With this being said, if you are looking to move house, understanding important aspects such as conveyancing by simply checking out sites like lendingexpert.co.uk could make such a difference in finally owning the house of your dreams.
We have been looking for what seems like forever. We’ve been really unhappy in our current home for just over 2 years. This is a long time and really, we shouldn’t have waited so long but there are a lot of things to consider. When discussing where we wanted to move, what kind of home we wanted, and if we’d stick to the same size or downsize we made pro/con lists and we eventually came up with a list of reasons to downsize that really made us come to our decision and stick to it!
So, naturally we started looking and decided not only do we need a fresh start, but we need to downsize. May sound silly with 6 kids and the possibility of a 7th right? Well, hear me out!
Reasons to Downsize your home:
- Too Much Space: How could this possibly be? Well for us it’s just true. We don’t have tons of furniture so for us there is tons of wasted space. Wasted space also means more junk, so more mess. Something I am sick of dealing with.
- Too High of Bills/Utilities: With having a bigger home the costs can be bigger. Heating, cooling, and yes hydro! Of course most of these were high for us due to this house being improperly insulated, the attack being exposed for probably well over 2 years and the hydro? My kids love leaving lights on even when exiting a room.
- Area/Location: At a time your area may have been fantastic, but now you could use a change. For us this is one reason also. We need a new area where my kids can play, go to school and be able to enjoy where we live. Downsizing gives us more options, and a lot more room to work with a budget.
- Budget: Budget is another great reason to downsize! Where we are moving we will have SO much extra money. Trips, Vacations, and Splurges will be much more attainable because we won’t be paying huge amounts for bills nor rent/mortgage. By downsizing we are paying less for everything leaving more money to do what we love and haven’t been able to do for so long! It also means it’ll be easier to step in when it comes to that inevitable time for lending money to your kids as we can start saving now for them.
- Get Rid of Junk!: Another reason to downsize would be to get rid of unnecessary junk! We all have it but sometimes have no idea what to do with it. Donate or Selling is a great option or doing what we did and renting a dumpster and filling it is a great way to ditch old broken toys, broken furniture you’ve put in the storage room and forgotten about or other items that you just don’t thin anyone else will want!
We are moving at the end of this month and I am beyond thrilled, and excited. To finally have a place we will all feel comfortable and like we actually belong. A place that we can finally call home and not be worried to have others come over (hello no more thing falling apart!) we are all just counting down the days for our big move and downsize!
I’m so glad that I actually managed to find a home that we all like! We looked at so many different places, spent our evenings looking at something like these William Pitt homes for sale, until finally, we found the one and we’re all so happy with it! We cannot wait for our big move and to downsize. It will certainly be a new adventure for all of us, but we cannot wait!
Are you interested in learning more? Are you looking to downsize or maybe you just aren’t sure but would like to find out some options? Then it would be great for you to participate in the #RBCFirstHome Twitter party coming up on Tuesday, August 18th at 830p-930p EST. RBC experts will be on hand to answer home buying questions, RBC has invited also a lawyer, realtor, designer, home builders, and home mortgage experts much like those from comparison site iSelect. To give you the run down, there will be a 1 in 3 chance to win a $100 Visa Gift Card!
RBC First Home Chat August
I will be there armed with my own questions, so if you’d like to see what questions I’ve come up with be sure to follow me @sixtimemommy – tweet me and I will follow you back! Hope to see you there!
What do you think? Are you ready to make a move, maybe thinking of downsizing or have you recently?
Disclosure: I am part of the RBC First Home Campaign with Influence Central and I receive special perks as part of my affiliation with this group. The opinions on this blog are my own.