Believe me when I say preparing for baby can be overwhelming. No matter how many babies I have, I still get very anxious and have a strong need to make sure I have everything I need well before baby arrives. I packed my last hospital bag 9 weeks before my due date for Hanna. I also overpacked that very bag, which I really did regret.
So, what can help relieve some of the stress of making sure you have everything you may need? Developing a baby registry. But not just a registry that is jam-packed with the cutest little onesies that you want – but one that focuses on the items you’ll NEED and use every day.
Babies”R”Us can help with this! Years ago, when I was expecting my first little one, I was freshly 18 years old just weeks before his delivery, and I was terrified. I was alone and really didn’t have the support I needed. A friend of mine was working at Babies“R”Us and told me about the registry. Of course, I was being thrown a baby shower, so it was the perfect time for me to create my registry.
Would I include the same things now I did back then? Probably not. Now that I am a more seasoned mom, and know what I do and don’t need, it’s easier for me to know what to buy and what can wait.. I received a great variety of must-have registry items from Huggies and Babies“R”Us that are all found on the registry page on the Babies“R”Us website, and below I will share my favourites!
Preparing for a new baby is exciting, but there’s often lots to do! Babies“R” Us makes it simpler by offering two ways to register:
Online: Download the new Babies“R”Us Registry app, available through iTunes or Google Play, to create and update your registry for easy, on-the-go access
When you register with Babies“R”Us, you’ll receive a free gift which may include samples and coupons to help give you and baby a happy, healthy start.
My Top 8 Must-Haves On A Baby Registry:
- Huggies® Little Snugglers Diapers are designed to help keep baby’s skin clean and healthy. As the #1 choice of Canadian Hospitals, more and more newborns are being wrapped in the softness and comfort of Huggies® Diapers. They include a GentleAbsorb® Liner (Newborn – Size 2 that draws the mess away from baby’s delicate skin. An umbilical cord cut-out (Preemie – Newborn) that is perfectly shaped to protect healing belly-buttons; and a pocketed waistband that helps keep the mess inside where it belongs. I have always found Huggies to fit baby in a way that doesn’t cause leaks and is both comfortable for baby and good fitting under those itty bitty clothes. Huggies® Little Snugglers diapers umbilical cord cut-out also means no having to fold the diaper down in the front, which any parent knows can cause some serious leakage to happen!
- Huggies® Natural Care Wipes are hypoallergenic, fragrance and alcohol-free and include TripleClean* layers that provide a gentle clean for baby’s delicate skin. A delicate wipe is a must for all babies. With their skin so soft, delicate and new you need to ensure you are using a wipe that is made with these precious little ones in mind, Huggies® Natural Care wipes are just that. These wipes have been a staple in our house for years, and when using, we’ve never had to use cream or worry about a rash.
- Diaper Genie Elite is unlike ordinary household trash cans; the Diaper Genie system helps keep unpleasant smells where they belong. The Double-Lock design and 7-layer bag help keep odors from escaping, so your nursery stays new-baby fresh
- HaloSleep Sack Swaddle replaces loose blankets in the crib that can cover your baby’s face and interfere with breathing. In addition to helping your baby sleep safer, it helps him or her sleep better, too. I used a Sleep Sack for my last two babies as I’ve always been a fan of swaddling.
- Nursing Pillows are ideal for Nursing, Feeding, Sitting and Playing! Use as a Nursing Cushion to help prop a newborn to make feeding easy and comfortable or as a Support Pillow to safely support infants while learning to sit up. It’s ideal for both rest & play! If you plan to breastfeed a pillow is a must in those early days, weeks and months! I used a nursing pillow with 5 of my babies, and I took it to the hospital with me for each birth too. It’s comfortable, easy to clean and is the perfect size for the baby cradle in and nurse.
- Infinity Breastfeeding Scarf is convenient to wear and use when nursing and allows maintained eye contact and airflow for your baby. I wish I had this for every single baby. I know sometimes it can be hard to nurse while out and about. It makes it easy, comfortable and convenient to nurse on the go while also maintaining your bond with your child while experiencing one of the most amazing gifts moms can give their babies.
- Receiving Blankets allow you to safely swaddle your newborn creating a soft, soothing feel against your baby’s skin. I can’t tell you how many receiving blankets you need, because you’ll need A LOT of them, at least over my 14 years of being a mom I’ve used countless. They are perfect for everyday use, on the go, swaddling, even just burping!
- The Mommy Hook is the perfect stroller hanger. Use The Mommy Hook on your stroller or your shopping cart. Just snap it on and you’re ready to roll! You can also use The Mommy Hook to carry bags from your car to your home. We don’t own a vehicle so we subway and cab it everywhere, but if we can, we walk. So this means a stroller usually gets taken and if we didn’t have this hook, we’d never have groceries. It holds a TON. It’s durable, strong and holds multiple bags of groceries. I recommend this to anyone who has a stroller or who carries a lot of bags!
hese items made my list because as a mom of 7, I’ve used and trusted all of these items. Welcoming a new addition to the family doesn’t have to be stressful, and others can help give you the items you need! Registering at Babies”R”Us also helps make sure you don’t get two of the same things or things you don’t need! Someone at my shower didn’t check my registry, and I ended up with 2 baby tubs and had to make the trek back to the store to exchange for something I did need!
Looking to register or know someone who would benefit from having a registry? Don’t forget to drop in to Babies“R”Us to take advantage of the Baby Fest promotion from July 7th –July 20th where Jumbo packs of Huggies Little Snugglers Diapers and Natural Care Wipes will be 40% off! Check in-store and online at www.BabiesRUs.ca for details!
giveaway! win a $200 Babies”R”Us Gift Card!
What products couldn’t you live without when a new parent?
Disclosure: This post is in partnership with Babies”R”Us and Huggies Canada. As always, opinions are all mine.