Banana Bread has always been one of my favourites to make. It was only natural I chose it for one of my recipes for this Nestlé Stir Things Up campaign. Now, I’m sure you are wondering just how can you Stir Things Up with banana bread? Well, making it a chocolate Nesquik Banana Bread of course!
Now to a moment of truth: My kids ate this ALL within 5 minutes of me being done taking these photos. It was THAT good. My oldest who is very picky, and isn’t willing to try many new things anymore stirred things right up by not only trying this delicious bread, but he ate 3 pieces of it!
- 1/2 cup Nesquik powder
- 4 large brown bananas, mashed
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease a bread pan with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a small bowl mix together all dry ingredients
- In a medium bowl mix together all wet ingredients, and make sure to get it all smooth
- Stir the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients, don’t overmix.
- Pour into prepared bread pan and sprinkle with chocolate chips
- Bake for 60-65 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the bread comes out mostly clean.
- Let cool for 5 minutes then remove and let cool on a wire baking rack.
This moist and really delicious bread did not last long in our house. I had to make another batch the next day. It’s really good, light and very chocolatey. My oldest was stunned when I told him the Nesquik he puts in his chocolate milk is what I used – he requested I use it every time!
Paired with a cold glass of milk – you’ve got yourself a delicious snack. Nesquik is known as “the fun way to get your child to drink more milk”; powder is fortified with iron and vitamins A, B, and C. Talk about bonus!
Chocolate Banana Bread I don’t have to feel guilty about my kids enjoying every now and then! Which is great for them because they really did enjoy this bread.
#StirThingsUp this summer and you could be entered to win 1 of 2 iPad mini’s with a counter stand case, perfect for crafting and following along to your favourite recipes! To enter:
- Head to my instagram page and find this recipe post
- Comment your own recipe idea using Nestle Nesquik or Carnation
- Be sure to include the #StirThingsUp hashtag in your entry
For contesting rules and regulations click here
Disclosure: This post was sponsored by Nestlé. The opinions are completely my own based on my experience.