With Easter approaching so quickly – we are counting down but for a different reason (hello, baby day!) if you read here often then you will know I am a sucker for all things classroom and printables! So, of course, it’s only natural I come up with something for the younger kids to bring into their classes for some classroom treats.
With Easter being a big chocolate and candy holiday for most I wanted to make sure we stayed away from both. What better to send with younger kids to school then homemade play dough! Fun and it keeps for a long time when stored properly.
Ingredients for Homemade Playdough:
- 1 cup flour + extra flour (you will need it) if too sticky
- 1 cup water
- 1/3 cup salt
- 2 tsp cream of tartar
- 1 tbsp oil
- food colouring
Instructions for Playdough:
- In a medium-sized bowl add all dry ingredients, mix together
- Boil 1 cup of water, add food colouring to boiling water and add to dry ingredients
- Stir continuously until the mixture thickens and becomes playdough like
- Remove from bowl, knead for 7-10 minutes
What’s needed to make treat bags:
- This FREE PRINTABLE
- Medium Craft bags
- Bunny cookie cutter
- Homemade Playdough
- Cut out your playdough bunnies, and place in craft bags
- Cut out your printable card, fold down your bag as needed and staple your card to the top
- all done, super easy and super cute!
I volunteered at the beginning of the school year to make Playdough for Justin’s junior kindergarten class, so I had to make some anyway, it was a perfect time, and all worked out so well. We even made extra to keep on hand at home; my kids love homemade Playdough!
Justin and Jackson who are four and six are looking forward to gifting these to their classroom friends.