It’s so exciting when it’s time to prepare for a new arrival. We have our bags packed, our clothes for the baby cleaned, neatly folded and put away, we have our car seat ready and the bassinet set to be slept in. Sometimes though we don’t think of the more important things such as diapers and wipes. Babies don’t need a bassinet, they don’t even need a bag full of 50 outfits and onesies at the hospital but what they do need? Diapers and wipes.
When you go to the store to pick up diapers and wipes, or you are picking some for your baby registry, there are so many options. I was at the store the other day and happened to walk by the diapering isle and couldn’t believe my eyes. So many brands, sizes and styles. How do you pick?
Well, I’ll tell you how I chose. I have been a mom for 14 years this September, and I decided to stick to one brand of diapers after giving all the others on the market a try and being left disappointed every time, Huggies was the clear winner. I always found them to be the most absorbent and didn’t bulk up baby’s clothes. I love seeing a freshly birthed baby in a little tiny sleeper, but think it’s silly if their diaper is bigger than them or their clothes. Luckily, that isn’t an issue for me with Huggies.
Huggies diapers come in a range of sizes – including nano-preemie and micropreemie exclusively in hospitals to diaper even the smallest of babies (2 to 5 lbs). Although none of us plans for early babies, they sometimes can’t wait to meet us and join our families early. There is no need to stress, Huggies has you covered for any situation.
I am a huge fan of Huggies Little Snugglers Diapers, which ranges from Preemie to Size 6. They fit Hanna like a dream, and we’ve never had a single leak with them. With babies wearing diapers all day and night every single day you want to be confident in the diapers you choose. Are they right for your little one’s skin? Will they contain what you need them to hold?
Why I choose Huggies Little Snugglers:
- The Sizes! Huggies Little Snugglers first from preemie to size 6. Although I’ve never had to use the preemie I’ve used the newborn all the way up to size 6 so I have been really thrilled with all the size choices.
- The Fit! Huggies Little Snugglers fit like a glove. I’ve never had the dreaded droop with Huggies and I’ve very rarely had blow outs or leaks.
- Leak Lock Protection! Hanna can get a full 12 hours at night with zero leaks, or redness by morning. Keeping her skin dry, healthy and comfortable!
- The Name! Huggies is a brand name I’ve grown to trust over my 14 years of being a mom. When I hear Huggies I think quality, comfort and protection!
I find Huggies Little Snugglers have always been true to size for my babies. Hanna started out in NB and is now in size 3 (still, she is tall but oh so tiny!), and they’ve worked for us. Even with Justin who has always been like a tank, he did really well with Huggies too.
Haven’t been a parent before, or want to switch from a different brand? Here are three easy ways to figure out which diapers will be best for your little one:
- Ask your friends: I find networking and asking your friends who are currently diapering or who have in the past which diapers they used, and trusted help – I always look for recommendations where baby items are concerned and hearing pro and cons to each.
- Try a few: This can get costly, however! Some brands have different ways to get samples. Search around and see what you can find and try as many as possible – I think you’ll be surprised, quality is essential and often, I find quality doesn’t always match price or brand. If you’d like, you can sign up to be a Huggies No Baby Unhugged Mom online here and receive a FREE pack of Newborn diapers.
- Research: Search what you are looking for in a diaper, and see what brand matches your needs. I for one can tell you not every diaper, or every name is created equal, so it’s great to research to see which will fit your family best.
What about wipes? I too, feel the same about wipes. This is an important decision in the life of a parent because these are our precious littles one’s bottoms we need to protect. We want quality, comfort and softness where it counts most. I have always been a big fan of Huggies Natural Care wipes because I find them to be incredibly durable, soft and comfortable. I’ve used them for more than just bums, and have always had them at the top of my list.
Why I Choose Huggies Natural Care Wipes:
When considering wipes for your little one, there are multiple factors to keep in mind. Babies can often be sensitive where the diaper area is concerned so going with a natural, soft and gentle wipe such as Huggies Natural Care will not only save any soreness on the bum but will also save the hassle of finding a wipe that will be gentle and tough enough to clean those little messes!
Huggies Natural Care Wipes are my favourite wipes because not only are they 100% fragrance free but they are extremely soft, but they also have a little bit of aloe and Vitamin E, which makes for a gentle clean and they are extremely thick making any mess easy to clean up!
Huggies Natural Care® wipes are available in a variety of
• Clutch ‘N’ Clean for on-the-go occasions
• Pop-Up Tubs
• Refill Packs
• Soft Packs with rigid flip tops
Do I have an exciting giveaway for you! One (1) lucky Six Time Mommy reader will win $100 worth of Huggies Diapers (in your choice of size) and Wipes! Please note: Giveaway open to Canadian Residents Only, excluding Quebec.
Six Time Mommy is not responsible for prize fulfilment, please allow 4-6 weeks for prize delivery. Winner will have 24 hours to accept and reply to winning email or another winner will be chosen.
How do you decide what you are going to use when it comes to your little ones most sensitive areas?
Disclosure: This post is in partnership with Huggies Canada. I am a Huggies #NoBabyUnhugged Ambassador. As always, all opinions are my own.