With summer in full swing no one wants to spend hours in the kitchen making meals. The oven makes homes hotter, and it’s just so time consuming so I’ve been looking for alternative recipes to make that take less time, and don’t make the house a sauna. This Pizza Quesadillas recipe is great for a light lunch during the warmer months!
Pizza is one of those foods that everyone loves. I don’t think I’ve ever met someone who wasn’t a huge fan of pizza. Now, that said there are some folks who like the weirdest things on their pizza. Anchovies? Gross. Pineapple? Fruit doesn’t belong on a pizza! It’s crazy, I know.
Making these Pizza Quesadillas is quick and easy, but the best part? Picky eaters or those who like more toppings on their pizza can put whatever they want in these pizza quesadillas!
Makes 4 quesadillas | Prep time: 5 minutes | Cook time: 10 minutes each
- 8 flour tortillas
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 24 slices of pepperoni
- Marinara sauce for dipping
- Heat a large skillet or griddle over medium heat.
- Place one quesadilla in the warm skillet
- Top with ¼ cup shredded cheese.
- Place pepperoni on top of the cheese
- Place a second flour tortilla on top.
- Cook for five minutes, then flip the quesadilla and cook the opposite side for another five minutes.
- Continue cooking until all quesadillas are cooked. Slice into eight pieces.
- Serve with warm marinara sauce for dipping.
Now if you are like me and my kids – the simpler the pizza the better. My oldest loves his pizza full of meat – Pepperoni, ham, sausage, you name it if it’s a meat available he will eat it! My little kids on the other hand and myself we prefer just plain cheese or pepperoni!
So, we enjoy having these and I even made a ton of them to freeze. It’s a quick and easy snack they can pop in our Breville Smart Oven Air and have crispy even from the freezer in minutes!