Is there something that you feel everyone loves, talks about and raves about often and you haven’t a slight idea because you’ve never tried it before? Well, that’s how I felt about pumpkin. Everyone was all “Pumpkin spice this, Pumpkin that!” and I’m all, huh?
Up until very recently, and by very recently I mean yesterday – I had no idea what pumpkin tasted like. I finally decided it was time to give it a try, and I’ll be honest it wasn’t all I was expecting.
I don’t think I’ll ever try pumpkin spice drinks. The thought of DRINKING pumpkin has me literally cringe but what is really amazing? Pumpkin seed granola.
I kid you not.
Doesn’t it look amazing? I think so. So, today I thought I’d share this recipe with you. My kids love granola, and really love when I add fun things (m&ms, almonds, raisins etc) so this would be especially great if your kiddos like granola with some fun things added in. The best part? They can take it to school with no problems! Score.
- 2 cups quick cooking oats
- 1 cup salted pumpkin seeds
- ½ cup raisins
- ½ cup honey
- ¾ cup apple juice
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 300.
- In a small bowl, whisk together honey and apple juice and set aside. In a larger bowl mix oats, spices, pumpkins seeds and raisins together gently. The more you stir the quick cooking oats the more they break down into smaller pieces, making it difficult to get that crunch granola is so famous for.
- Incorporate the wet ingredients into the large bowl with the oat mixture. Fold the ingredients together until all the dry ingredients are now coated and wet. Spread this mixture out onto a parchment lines baking sheet. Spread over the entire baking sheet to ensure even cooking.
- Bake in preheated over for about 40 minutes, checking and stirring every ten minutes. When the granola is done it will have a golden brown color, pieces will clump together nicely and bites will be a bit crunchy. Let granola cool before transferring to an airtight container.
What are your Fall favorites? Any Pumpkin going on for you?