Imagine ordering pizza — enough to feed ten. Every other week or so but always twice in a month. The price is steep my friends, very steep. This recipe for this Quick and Easy Pizza literally saves you tens of dollars. We try to order pizza once or twice a month but recently found the prices are going up the bigger our kids get and the more they eat, obviously. So, we’ve been making pizza a lot more and this Quick and Easy Cheese Pizza Recipe is always a hit!
Last night while my husband was making pizzas for dinner and I was finishing up my workday in my office I decided I wanted to set up my photo area in my basement again and snap some photos. When he took the last pizza out of the oven I knew this was the post for today.
It’s perfectly round, and just so delicious. My kids actually prefer these pizzas over ordering because we always have more when we make it, and it just tastes so much better. Also, a win? There’s less grease when we make it ourselves, something my gallbladder is so thankful for.
Quick and Easy Cheese Pizza Recipe
You Will Need:
- 1 1/2 cups hot water 115 degrees
- 2 tsp active dry yeast
- 1 egg
- Stand Mixer with the dough hook
- I tsp salt
- 1 tbsp oil for proofing
- 3 1/2 – 4 cups ap flour
- 1/2 can garlic spaghetti sauce(2 pies worth)
- 3 cups shredded cheese divided.
Pizza Making – Yields 2 full pizzas:
- In the bowl of your stand mixer, combine your yeast with the cup and half water and set aside for 5-10 mins.
- When your yeast has risen, add your salt and egg and mix for a minute or so.
- Add half of your flour and mix until just combined and the yolk has broken.
- Combine the rest of your flour and let knead for roughly 10 mins.
- Remove from mixing bowl, shape into a ball, add your oil to the bottom of your bowl and roll the dough in it ensuring to cover the whole surface.
- Set your dough in a warm dry place, (I have a proofer) for an hour or until doubled in size.
- Preheat oven to 450.
- When proofing is finished, lightly dust your workspace with flour and punch your dough down. Cut into equal parts and set one aside.
- Roll out your dough to loosely fit your pizza pan and let rest for at least ten minutes.
- Restretch out the dough to the sides of the pan, poke holes throughout the bottom of the dough to stop those crazy dough bubbles.
- Add your tomato sauce and your shredded cheese.
- Bake for 9 -11 mins. Take from oven and let stand for 5 mins.
- Cut and enjoy.
As usual, our kids loved dinner last night and took some to school today. We always have leftovers when we make it. I don’t know why, but it’s more filling and when we do this recipe x2 we get four pizzas and it’s always enough for our crew.
Add any toppings you want, we have kids who enjoy pepperoni and some who enjoy green/red peppers. It all depends. It’s so easy, so just throw it all together and off you go!