One fruit I can’t keep enough of in the house is watermelon. Everyone just loves it and we got through many a week. Making fruit pops with watermelon has been one of my favorite ways to keep the kids refreshed while still keeping it fairly healthy but sometimes they want something different.
How about some Fresh Watermelon Lemonade? Talk about delicious, refreshing and oh-so-good!
You don’t have to use sugar. I’ve used other alternatives as well just this week I made it three times and all three times I used different sweeteners. It’s just up to you and what you like!
- 4 C small thick pieces of watermelon
- 1 C sugar
- Juice of 1 fresh lime
- 1 C water
- 3 lemons, juiced
- 3 C cold water
- 6 C ice cubes
- Put watermelon in a bowl add the 1/2 C sugar and lime. Stir ingredients and allow to sit for 30 minutes in the refrigerator.
- -Pour 1 C water in a pot add sugar and bring to a boil. Stir until the sugar is completely dissolved. Remove from heat to cool.
- -Puree watermelon with sugar and lime juice until all of the chunks are gone.
- -Pour the sugar mixture into a large pitcher. Add the cold water and fresh lemon juice.
- -Stir well to blend.
- -Pour 1/3rd of the puree watermelon into the pitcher. Stir well. Add ice to the pitcher.
- -Stir the Watermelon Lemonade again before pouring into individual glasses with ice in each.
What is your favorite summertime fruit you like to turn into a tasty beverage?