Lately I’ve become sort of obsessed with mason jars. I love everything about them and was excited to come up with a list of ideas for a case I had just bought! First on the list was S’mores. Who doesn’t love a good S’more? I know I do, so S’Mores in a jar was a given here! I know some people think S’mores are for camping or summertime but don’t be fooled you can enjoy S’mores all year long. This delicious dessert is actually perfect for anytime!There are many possibilities when it comes to making your S’mores in a jar. You can layer it however you want, and even get really creative and do a double or triple layer, depending on how big your jars are. Mine that I recently bought a case of are on the smaller/shorter side.
I have larger ones I plan to make these in for the holidays, and will be serving them for a couple get togethers we will be having in the coming weeks – which I’m really looking forward to. They taste just like a normal S’mores you make over the camp fire except without the mess and sticks (or fire) but you get what I mean!
Having small kids means scaling down portions so it’s perfect for us, but you can use any size you have on hand! My kids loved these. Things like this never last long in our house, I even enjoyed one all to myself which is very rare. The recipe is pretty simple. Nothing too fancy going on here, it’s a S’MORE in a jar people! So, you can do it! I’m all about the easy side of things.
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 3/4 milk
- 1 1/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- pinch of salt
- 3 eggs
- Hersheys milk chocolate bar (optional)
- Chocolate sauce (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- In a medium mixing bowl combine graham cracker crumbs and butter, combine thoroughly
- Line the bottom of your mason jars 1/2 inch thick with crumb mixture
- In a medium saucepan combine milk and heavy cream, heat over medium heat until bubbles form on the sides
- Add in chocolate chips and whisk until smooth consistency
- Remove from heat, and add eggs stirring until thickened
- Add 1/3 cup of mixture to every mason jar
- Cook until pudding mix no longer jiggles once shook, roughly 35-40 minutes
- Remove to cooling rack until cooled completely (approx. 45 mins)
- Fill the tops with marshmallows (roughly 5 large)
- Broil on high until marshmallows melt and brown on the top
- Top with piece of hersheys milk chocolate, and drizzle with chocolate sauce, serve immediately
If you are like me and love S’mores, or sweet treats this is a dessert for you. You can even take them along with you if you are going somewhere for dinner and want to bring dessert – just add marshmallows and do step 10-12 at your destination to make a fresh, delicious dessert!
What’s your favourite sweet treat? Do you enjoy S’Mores?