Cookies are one of my weaknesses. I don’t think there is a cookie I don’t like. Being pregnant doesn’t help, but I’ve been trying to really limit my sugar and sweets intake. That can be such a challenge especially if one of the three things you crave is sweets.
So when I do get a craving and I really need to eat something sweet I tend to make my own. I’d rather that than store bought so I can not only control what gets put into it, but also be aware of exactly what is going in my body. Cookies is one of those things that I just love making and although I’ve really been enjoying these Tofu Chocolate Chip cookies — these Springtime Monster Cookies have quickly become my favourite.
Make Your Own Springtime Monster Cookies
- 3/4 Cup butter
- 1/2 Granulated sugar
- 1 Cup brown sugar
- 2 Cups flour
- 2 Eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 Cup chocolate chips
- 1 Cup Spring M&M’s
- 1 Cup pecans
- Preheat your oven to 325° in line a baking sheet with parchment paper
- In a large mixing bowl, beat together your butter and sugars until light and fluffy
- Mix in your eggs and vanilla
- Now mix in your flour, baking soda, and salt
- Fold in your chocolate chips, M&Ms, and pecans one at a time
- Scoop a tablespoon sized amount for each cookie onto your parchment paper
- Bake for 11 to 13 minutes
- Enjoy with a nice cold glass of milk
They look delicious right? I can’t ever eat just one either. It’s usually 2 or 3 so I limit the amount of times I bake right now. I can’t help it when they are THIS good! I love making these into mini cookies too to send with the kids for school lunches. I try to be as healthy in their lunches as possible but sometimes a treat is nice right?
You can make them mini, or even a huge one – I’ve made this recipe into a cookie pie too. SO GOOD.
What are your favourite kind of cookies?