In 2015 I dealt with a lot of emotional and physical issues when it came to my health. I had lost 2 pregnancies in the span of 6 months and although I’m not exactly sure what caused them both, I was sure I had to make a change when it came to my diet, and the amount of junk I was putting into my body.
Of course I have been pregnant and successfully carried 6 other babies. But what was different now? In 2015 I didn’t really care much about what I was eating, how much exercise I was getting and I wasn’t really paying attention to what I was putting in my body. I wasn’t keeping track of what vitamins I was consuming if any, and I really wasn’t giving my body the attention it deserved.
I don’t do well with New Years resolutions. So a few years back I decided I wouldn’t make any. I decided I would much rather wait a few weeks into the New Year and just decide what I wanted to accomplish and go with it. 2016 I want so many things, but mostly I want to be healthy and I want to make sure I pay attention to my body.
Vitamins is where I am looking to start making better decisions. Taking a daily vitamin will help ensure I get what my body needs even if I don’t get to eat what is expected every single day.
Let’s get Healthy!
- Take the stairs OR walk: You can take small steps towards a healthier you, literally. Not quite realistic if you work on the 42nd floor, but think escalators at the mall, moving sidewalks at the airport, that errand that’s a two minute drive away…skip all shortcuts and walk! While taking your car, or the bus to get from point A to point B may be ideal because let’s face it – we’re tired, and it’s just easier to use a vehicle it will help to walk more, so entertain the idea of more walking this year!
- Take vitamins: Taking your daily vitamins helps ensure you get the nutrients you need to maintain a healthy active lifestyle. However, men and women have varying nutritional needs so multivitamins such as Vitafusion™ Men’s & Women’s Complete Multivitamins offer a personalized option to help you feel great and support optimal health.
- Protecting our skin: Use sunscreen with an SPF every day to protect yourself against the sun’s harmful rays (UVA & UVB). And yes, even wear it on days when it’s overcast.
- Consume the Best: Watching what you eat helps ensure you are nourishing your body, and mind as well as your soul. I find eating less junk, and more healthier foods gets me in a better mood, and not only helps stay on track while living a healthier lifestyle but it helps keep your energy levels up and helps do the other things when you otherwise wouldn’t want to.
- Setting an example: Do you have kids? Eating right, exercise and taking your daily vitamins will set a good example for your children and help them make better choices now and in the future.
Disclosure: I am part of the Chruch & Dwight 2016 blogger ambassador program. However, all opinions are mine and 100% true.