Wow, did the summer certainly come in fast and hot! There is no better way around our house than relaxing with an extremely light and healthy Strawberry Pretzel Trifle. This twist on a very popular classic has my kids asking for seconds while still eating their firsts. Now that’s a winner all around.
These delightful and healthy trifles are perfect for any occasion and make the perfect snack for your busy little people at home always looking for food like mine are. With generous portions of fresh strawberries, pretzels and whipped cream cheese, these Strawberry Pretzel Trifles will fill you up while keeping you cool out in the sun or playing in the backyard. And who doesn’t just love strawberries?
Makes 4 half pint jars | Prep time: 10 minutes | Cook time: 10 minutes | Chill time: 4 hours
What You Need:
- 1 ¼ cups crushed pretzels
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 8-ounce package cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup whipped topping, thawed
- 1 6-ounce package strawberry gelatin
- 1 cup water, boiling
- 1 pound strawberries, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a small bowl, combine the chopped pretzels, powdered sugar and melted butter. Press the mixture into the bottom of each jar. Place the jars in a small baking dish and bake for 10 minutes, until fragrant.
- Remove the jars from the oven and allow to cool.
- In a large bowl, beat together the cream cheese, powdered sugar, and vanilla until smooth. Fold in the whipped topping.
- Spoon or pipe the mixture in an even layer over the top of the crust in each jar.
- Combine the boiling water and gelatin and stir until dissolved. Allow to cool for around five minutes, then stir in the chopped strawberries.
- Pour the mixture into each jar until the jar is full. Place the lids on the jars and refrigerate for at least four hours, until the gelatin is set.
There are so many uses for these quick and delicious Strawberry Pretzel Trifles, they are the perfect ending to a family dinner, BBQ, or any other social event you are planning. The creamy textures with the subtle salty crunch of the pretzel bits will make you crave seconds. Everyone will enjoy and I’m certain they will be talked about afterwards by family and friends.
Don’t be afraid to switch up the fruits and experiment with other flavour profiles too. Some great combinations are:
- Strawberry and Kiwi
- Raspberry and Lemon
- Banana and Strawberry
- Peach and Mango
Honestly, the list goes on and on if you want it to. The older kids and I especially enjoy this after a good workout in the morning as a snack/ reward for a great workout completed. The girls aren’t huge cream cheese fans and they absolutely love this Strawberry Pretzel Trifle and claim there is no cheese taste. This is the kind of reward I look forward to let me tell you.