Who doesn’t love desserts? Of course, I can’t eat them at the moment, and they are all I want to create for my kids. I’ve made them a homemade ice cream cake, monster cookie bars and a chocolate thin mint pie! Don’t ask me why I want to make them all these yummy desserts I can’t take part in but they are oh so fun to make.
Today, we are sharing this delicious recipe for Strawberry Swirl Cheesecake my husband made, and I think turned out just gorgeous!
Cheesecake is one of those cakes everybody loves. It’s perfect for a dessert for Valentine’s Day, or even just something sweet to have a treat!
- One package graham crumbs
- 1/2 cup butter
- Two packages cream cheese (8 oz)
- Four eggs
- 1 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- Just short of 2 tsp vanilla
- Three tbs all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 lbs fresh strawberries
- One tbs oil
- 1 pack pectin/ Gelatin
- 1/2 cup water
- Preheat oven to 325F
- I always start with the chocolate covered strawberries. (No brainer, who isn’t drooling yet)?
- Wash and stem one lb of strawberries and cut into 1/3 in slices.
- Place between some paper towel to stay dry
- In a microwaveable bowl, combine oil with chocolate chips and start melting 25 seconds per.
- Mix well intermittently
- When chocolate has reached a shiny, thick/ runny texture, place your strawberry in chocolate, coat both sides and place on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet.
- Continue process until you have enough to cover the top of your cake and so your belly is now content.
Combine your graham crumbs with butter and mix well. Line the bottom of your cake pan making sure to run up the sides a touch. Set aside.
Using a hand or stand mixer, combine the flour, cream cheese, vanilla and sugar until nice and fluffy. Wash and rough chop 1/2 the remaining strawberries. ( I pulsed mine in a blender) Add to cheese and mix until evenly distributed. Add eggs and mix until just combined.
Pour into cake pan I placed my cake on a pizza pan. Any will do that fit. Bake 325 for approximately 1.5 hours or until the Center appears nearly set. Cool for 20 mins.
- In a saucepan, follow the basic Gelatin prep guidelines and set aside to cool.
- Roughly chop your remaining strawberries (small enough to cover the cake and big enough to have a crunch).
- Add strawberries to Gelatin mixture and simmer for 3 minutes stirring frequently.
- Evenly top your cheesecake and put in fridge until your topping begins to firm up enough that the chocolates can sit on top.
- Top your cake with your covered strawberries and leave in the fridge for 6 hrs – overnight.
- Strawberries can be easily customized into a perfect heart shape if so desired. Just add the dip of the heart where the stem used to be.
Prep time: 30 mins
Cook time: 1 1/2 hours
Serves: 10-12 ppl
A great classic dessert that’s given a simple yet elegant Valentine makeover. The chocolate covered fresh strawberries on the top make this an excellent choice for any strawberry and chocolate lover! It’s the perfect mix of sweet strawberry and yummy chocolate! My girls couldn’t get enough!
Have you ever made a cheesecake before? What is your favourite kind?