I’m sure we have all heard the stories about teeth whitening. I’ve heard miracle stories but also some horror stories, and I’ve never really known which to believe. Recently, I was given the chance to start teeth whitening with a company I have only heard amazing things about Smile Brilliant. Now, I’m going to be 100% honest and transparent here like I always am, but am pointing it out in the most obvious way because I feel like it’s important here. While I did start teeth whitening I wasn’t able to finish due to an issue with a broken wisdom tooth causing some major issues for me, at no fault of teeth whitening or the company. It’s just something I’ve needed to get dealt with for a while, and haven’t had a chance to yet.
So, now that we’ve cleared that up I’d love to share with you some great things I’ve learned during my process with Smile Brilliant.
Some Teeth Whitening Myths Debunked
- Teeth Whitening Damages your teeth: This is something I have heard over, and over again during the years and it was something that did make me hesitant to want to try teeth whitening. If used as instructed, professional teeth whitening is incredibly safe. The whitening process uses active ingredients to temporarily open pores in your teeth and lift stains. After each whitening session, your teeth naturally remineralize and rehydrate.
- It’s extremely expensive for Professional Teeth Whitening: Dentists charge $500+ for custom fitted trays. You pay this hefty fee because they are doctors and their chair time is valuable. Smile Brilliant is a professional dental lab without the dentist. Delivering 3x-5x faster and save customers more than 70% off the traditional cost of dentist whitening.
- Stains on Teeth Cannot be Removed without Extensive Help: No product on the market can whiten in a few minutes or a day. Chemically, it is impossible for any whitening agent to safely penetrate deep enough into the teeth at that speed. The truth is that the whitening process can take as few as 4 days and up to several months.
- Lost Causes! Not everyone’s teeth can be perfectly white: Regardless of your stains, the natural color of one’s teeth are set at birth. The only thing a whitening product can do is remove all the stains that have accumulated over time. You’ll never know until you try.
- Teeth whitening is INSTANT: Advertisements may claim the whitening is instantaneous, dentists know it really takes anywhere from three to five visits to show any real results, which are necessarily spread over a span of approximately two weeks.
After learning all of this it was clear to me spending a ton of money wasn’t the way to go. I wanted to be able to whiten my teeth in the comfort of my own home, I didn’t want to make multiple trips to a dentist and I chose to check reviews, which were clear – Smile Brilliant was the way to go!
Let me tell you a bit about my experience. When I got my kit in the mail I then had to make impressions of my teeth to send in and have custom fitted trays made for my teeth. This was scary for me as I had never done anything like this, and I was worried I would mess it up. I didn’t however, and was able to make the molds of my teeth rather quickly, and was able to send them off.When they got my molds I got an e-mail saying they had received them and I would get another e-mail when they were done. Both happened rather quickly, and my trays were then popped back into the mail to me. Once I got the custom fitted trays it was time to get to work. My teeth have always been pretty sensitive so I was nervous but I was ready! Before bed, I would use the gel making it easier for me to deal with instead of when the kids were up and all over me! I was not even a full week into my treatment when a massive infection happened in my jaw. It was due to an issue with a wisdom tooth I had. I went to the doctors, had that cleared up and less than a full week later my wisdom tooth roots became infected. So, I haven’t been able to finish my treatment yet – Which I will as soon as I am squeezed in for surgery to remove the roots of my wisdom tooth.
I’m really looking forward to it as I was blessed with horrible teeth like my mom, that not only stain very easily but they are also very sensitive and I am looking forward to not being so self-conscious about them and smiling my best smile.
Hopefully, if you’ve been on the fence about teeth whitening this post has helped you a little bit. Smile Brilliant has some amazing articles listed on their site, and Google has TONS of reviews about the process and company that I urge you to take a look at. Teeth whitening doesn’t have to cost $500+ and be invasive. Do some research and I’m sure you’ll find what I did, Smile Brilliant is the way to go!
This giveaway is for a $149 Smile Brilliant credit. It is open for at least 2 weeks and open to USA, UK, Australia and Canadian residents.
To enter the giveaway head over to this link: HERE.
Giveaway, not your thing? Try this 15% off coupon code when purchasing Smile Brilliant! sixtimemommy15