When we announced we were expecting baby #7 everyone was thrilled, especially my girls. They couldn’t wait to help change her, pick out her outfits and feed her! They were bummed to learn I was going to be breastfeeding because Justin breastfed until age 2.5 and never once took a bottle! This time would be a little different. I wasn’t planning to use bottles at all but being a blogger has changed a lot of things for me. Having events to go to, and dealing with a ton of things at my kids schools can sometimes pull me away and I generally don’t want to take the baby to everything (especially before getting all her immunizations!) so, when I got the Medela Freestyle Double Breast Pump I was excited to be able to have a pump that was not only amazing to use, but was quick and I was able to get a lot from even after a feed.
I am blessed with an oversupply, always have had one and can pump after Hanna feeds and still get 6-8oz to freeze. Which is great because now my girls can pitch in how they wanted to! They are able to help feed Hanna too!
My older girls who are #2 and #3 born have been around for all my boys, but of course its different when a little baby sister comes along after so many brothers, so they were really excited to be able to help feed and feel like they were helping to contribute in some way. I’ll be honest, it also helped me too! I was able to go to an event that I got home 20 minutes after feeding time, and they were able to help dad and feed Hanna while dad rounded up the other kids. It also came in handy when I had an extremely long meeting at the kids school and Hanna just wanted to comfort nurse, she was able to do that with the Calma System. She loved it, and this girl is picky. She refuses soothers — so I was really nervous about trying a bottle with her. I won’t be using them often but to know its there “just in case” and she will take it when she needs it is a huge relief.
Why is the Calma a great choice? Why did Hanna take to it when she wont even take a soother? I’ll tell you!
- Calma is the only research-based feeding system that will help in continuing the breastfeeding relationship with your baby
- Makes switching from breast to bottle and back has never been easier
- Baby can apply the same feeding behaviour learned at the breast when consuming expressed breastmilk with Calma
- Baby maintains complete control of feeding session, just like when they are breastfeeding
- Breastmilk flow stops when baby wants to pause and breathe
- Baby maintains optimum blood oxygen saturation level and heart rate, which reduces stress
- Baby uses the same facial muscles as when breastfeeding to create a vacuum with Calma, which reduces risk of ear infections, malocclusion, and promotes proper orofacial development
- Calma also allows for partners and family to share in the breastfeeding experience without
But wait — there’s more! Not only does Meleda have amazing breast pumps, the great Calma system but they also have an app! MyMedela is a must have for all moms! Not only is it convenient but its great to keep track of how often your little one feeds. I know in the beginning I’d have to ask everyone in my house “what time did I feed her last?” and it quickly got very annoying. Hanna was born with low blood sugar due to my gestational diabetes so it was extremely important I went no longer than 3.5 hours between feeds. That was very hard, until I learned about MyMedela!
- Personalized articles to help educate during pregnancy and each week postpartum
- Track everything baby: breastfeeding, pumping, sleeping, diapers, height, weight
- Specialized tracking and development charts are easy to share with healthcare professionals
- Organize life with baby and get valuable advice during every period of pregnancy, birth, and beyond
- Track multiple babies in one place!
- Learn, track, and share
- Manage your goals and celebrate your accomplishments: MyMedela sends helpful tips and motivators based on your unique data and progress
- Find the best answers to questions about breastfeeding, pregnancy, breast pumps, life postpartum, and more
- MyMedela is your ultimate breast milk feeding companion
- MyMedela is a free smartphone app that is available in English and French in Canada
The MyMedela app is art of the award-winning trio consisting of MyMedela, Freestyle, and Calma. All have won the PTPA (Parent Tested Parent Approved) seal of approval!
If you are looking for a system or just want to try something new to see how it will work for you and your little one, this award winning trio is certainly one to consider.
WIN WIN WIN – GIVEAWAY TIME!
How would you, yes YOU like to win a Medela Freestyle Double Electric Breast Pump of your own? Now is your chance!
Medela #MedelaCanada Freestyle Double Breast Pump Giveaway
Thanks to Medela and the award winning trio of MyMedela, Freestyle and Calma I don’t have to worry about being a few minutes late when I run to a meeting, or event. I don’t have to worry about being the ONLY one who can feed and bond with our latest addition! I don’t have to worry at all, about any of it! There is nothing worse than being a new mom (seasoned or brand spankin’ new) and having to worry about this on top of all the other emotions and things going on in life. Medela has you covered!
Disclosure: I am part of the PTPA Brand Ambassador Program with Medela Canada and I received Compensation as part of my affiliation with this group. The opinions on this blog are my own.