In our house mealtime can sometimes be tough especially at night when the kids come home from school, and the little ones are tired and ready to call it quits. It’s a long day for everyone, but for toddlers who don’t quite understand the concept of such long days and evenings, it can be tough.
My kids can be picky; dinner time is no exception. It can sometimes be like pulling teeth to get them to sit down, eat their dinner and settle at mealtime. As a mom, it’s not easy, and parents do try very hard to get healthy balanced meals – and if you struggle at mealtime as we do, you are probably not alone.
Enfagrow A+ Toddler Drink has become a staple in our home. Justin and Hanna both have enjoyed Enfagrow A+, so we try to keep it on hand as often as possible. You can also always Sign up for FREE Samples and make sure you always have some on hand too!
Enfagrow A+ is an everyday toddler drink for 12-36 months olds:
- 26 nutrients to help support healthy growth, including iron, calcium, and vitamins C and D
- DHA, a type of Omega-3 fat and an important building block of the brain
- Two dietary fibres, galactooligosaccharides (GOS) and polydextrose
- Is an excellent source of calcium
- More iron and vitamins C and E than cow’s milk
- Gluten-free and kosher
- Available in Milk Flavour and Vanilla
5 Tips to Help Your Toddler Settle and Enjoy Mealtime
- Serve up delicious Enfagrow A+: My two littlest love this drink in place of milk or water at dinner. The vanilla flavour is especially favourite in our house, and we can guarantee the cup will be empty after dinner.
- Serve smaller portions: While my 8-year-old may want a heaping serving of dinner toddlers tend to eat a little bit less. Start with a really small portion, and let them ask for seconds once done! This makes my 4-year-old feel like such a big kid because he finished his food first, and was able to get seconds before everyone else!
- Let them help!: Nothing lets the little feel like a big kid like helping mom and dad. Handing out forks, giving out drinks or serving up plates makes a little one’s day. I find they are much more eager to sit down and enjoy a meal they helped with!
- Add a special dessert: Find your toddlers favourite dessert and let them know its available for a treat after dinner once their plate is cleared. This is always a sure fire way to get them to finish their meal, and the bigger kids too!
- Stop and Eat with your child!: You’d be surprised how much this makes their day! It takes no effort, sit down and eat your meal together while chatting about anything and everything they’re willing to share! They’ll finish their meal quicker and get some quality time in the meantime!
Did you know: Enfagrow is currently running a program – if you use the hashtag #EnfagrowMomsKnow on Instagram and Twitter to share your toddler stories, pictures, or advice with other moms and they will donate $1 per submission up to $5,000 to United Way until Nov 30th, 2017!
How do you help your toddler settle and enjoy mealtime?