Minions are huge in our house right now. We haven’t even seen the new Minions movie yet but Justin our little almost 2 year old is obsessed with Minions! So much so he has started requesting watching it daily! I kid you not.
Of course it’s the cutest thing ever to see this little tiny peanut ask repeatedly for “Minions! Minions!” We don’t want the kids solely watching tv or movies all summer long so we’ve been printing out coloring pages, reading books with Minions and even started finding as many Minions toys as we can (Thanks McDonalds for putting out so many in kids meals, I was able to go in and buy a bunch of their little toys!)
What else could be fun for littles who absolutely love Minions? Why not treats! I won’t lie – I LOVE the Minions myself, so any thing I see catches my eye. If you are a lover of sweets, and Minions this is the perfect treat for YOU!
How adorable is this Minions Bark? Talk about adorable. Albeit a it’s a sugary treat but fun for kids to help make! Here’s how to make your own Minions Bark to enjoy with your kiddos. It’s even perfect for a friends and family get together, or Minions themed Birthdays!
- 3 cups pretzels, broken into bite-size pieces
- 12 oz. Wilton yellow chocolate candy melts
- 1 cup blue and yellow M&M’s
- Wilton Candy eyes – small and large
- Blue and yellow sprinkles
- Line a 9 x 13 baking sheet with waxed paper or parchment paper.
- Spread the broken pretzel pieces and 1/2 cup of M&Ms onto the lined baking sheet.
- Using a microwave safe bowl, melt the chocolate candy melts in the microwave for 50 seconds or until melted. Stir and let cool for 1 minute.
- Pour the melted candy over the pretzel mixture. Spread out evenly with a spatula, if needed.
- Sprinkle the remaining M&Ms on top of the mixture. Add the blue and yellow sprinkles. Finish off with large and small candy eyes sprinkled on top.
- Place the baking sheet in the refrigerator to cool completely and set.
- Remove from refrigerator and break into smaller pieces when ready to serve.