Who doesn’t love a good muffin? I have been trying to find alternatives to my favorite treats since I’ve been working out, running, and watching what I’m eating. This Zucchini Oat Muffins recipe is one of my new faves!
Zucchini in muffins? My kids had such a hard time with this one but once they tried them, they were hooked. I promise it’s not as gross as it sounds. I hate veggies myself and don’t eat any of them without them being in actual recipes. Zucchini in muffins and even zucchini brownies are so good!
- 1 cup grated zucchini
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup sugar
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup flour
- ½ cup quick oats
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
Makes 12 muffins
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a 12-cup muffin pan with muffin liners.
- In a large bowl, stir together the zucchini, brown sugar, sugar, vegetable oil, eggs and vanilla.
- Add the flour, oats, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon. Stir until well combined.
- Scoop the batter into the muffin pan, filling each cup 2/3 of the way full.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 30 to 35 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the center of a muffin comes out clean.
- Cool in the pan for 10 minutes, then remove muffins from the pan and allow to cool completely on a wire cooling rack.
With the new year looming I know a lot of us have been trying to eat better, and these muffins hit the spot! Healthy and delicious. No need to change your diet for these!